Top 5 Scandi Mother’s Day gift ideas – Skandiblog
Need Mother’s day inspiration this year? Well we’ve got it all figured out – Scandi style. Choosing our favourite gifts was no easy task – but we’ve narrowed it down to 5 presents we think that special Mum will absolutely love! Oh, and of course they’re Scandi!
- A Scandi Accessory: Gifting a piece of jewellery is a certain way to get into her good books (if you weren’t already!) we’ve picked out this gorgeous pewter dalahorse necklace from Skandihome. We absolutely adore the iconic wooden horse, and have decided to miniaturise it to pendant form which we think is the perfect Scandinavian mother’s day present!
- A Sweet Treat: No mum can resist the charms of chocolate. If yours has a sweet tooth, then look no further than SugarSin for the perfect present ideas for Mum. The fresh and bright packaging and range of ‘boozy’ sweets make a perfect match with a card and a bottle of wine. If you happen to be in Covent Garden for mother’s day – then pay them a visit and take your pick of treats (yes there is pick ‘n’ mix!
- A Bunch of Blooms: Flowers have to be the classic choice for mother’s day gifting. They never go out of style, and there are so many different types and combinations to choose from. We’ve picked Blomst – a London based Scandinavian florist who has a wide range of bouquets that are made to order. Prices start from £20, and you can even arrange a subscription if you want to make that special gift for Mum last a little longer.
- A Good Read: For those Mums who love a good read – The Little book of Lykke is bound to be a favourite. ‘Lykke’ means happiness; and the book follows the author as he searches for the reasons behind ‘good vibes’ worldwide and what really makes us feel fulfilled. Hopefully this book will make the perfect Scandi gift, and help spread the love this Mother’s day!
- A Meal Out: If you happen to be in the capital for Mothering Sunday this year – we highly recommend visiting Aster restaurant in Victoria Street. If your Mum is a self-professed ‘foodie’, then treat her to some Scandinavian weekend brunch, or pop into the cafe and enjoy a chat over some top-notch coffee and cake. The interiors there are gorgeous too – so you may find yourself extending your stay to enjoy the ambience.
Take any of the above (or all of you’re feeling generous!) and you’ll have a Mother’s day to remember. After all – your birthday will come around soon enough…
Don’t forget to visit our Pinterest board if you need some inspiration for gift wrapping the Scandi way.